The history of our Kappa Iota chapter begins in 1901, when Alpha Epsilon Pi was founded at Moravian College. At this time Alpha Epsilon Pi was a literary society, eventually considered a social sorority in 1918. In 1924, we moved from having a small sorority room in South Hall to a house by the tennis courts. In the 1970’s, we were moved again to our current location on Main Street, across the street from the Comenius building.
In the mid 1990’s, the sisters of Alpha Epsilon Pi came to the decision of becoming a part of a national sorority. After much research, the sisters settled upon Zeta Tau Alpha as the best fit for their views and ideals. The Kappa Iota chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha was installed at Moravian College on March 15, 1997, making it the 224th link in Zeta Tau Alpha’s chain of chapters.